Anything you may possibly research about meditation, they all say the benefits physically, mentally, and emotionally. How we go about it needs a strong foundation of believing in yourself to quiet the mind. Learning more about meditation before and during, than just diving right into it may give you a little more positive outcome. Everyone has different emotions and thoughts about meditation some are right on the dot, some are well.. not so factual. This is why I put together a compilation of facts to understand more about meditation practice and hopefully interest you more to dig deeper!
There are 7 main styles of Meditation :
- Transcendental (TM)
- Hearth Rythym (HRM)
- Guided Visualization
- Qi Gong
Meditation is not religious! (Largest Myth)
- You don’t need to have a certain religious perspective.
- Many do meditate under a religious aspect but the many styles and teachings of meditation has debunked that one!
- Meditation has been used for thousands of years by millions of people around the world.
- It is not “evil” or characterized by witchcraft.
If you want to become a monk, feel free; but you don’t need to be!
Pros of meditating:
- You do not need a special place or fancy equipment; you can do it anywhere, anytime.
- The more you practice the faster it is to master; it does not take years to acquire meditation skills.
- You are not part of a fad – Meditation doesn’t fall under a certain category for certain people. Its just becoming more popular because more and more people are seeping the wonderful meditation benefits!
- MANY mental, physical, spiritual, emotional, you name it, benefits.
- Helps anxiety
- Lengthens attention span
- Decrease high blood pressure
- Help battle addiction
- Improves sleep
- Improves memory
- Living in real time
- Help concentration
- Feelings of kindness and happiness
Cons of meditating:
Haha, just kidding!
Meditation will make you grow as a person and help you keep the focus on the present and the moment. It will allow you to open doors you never knew you had just by quieting the mind. It may appear hard but it really isnt! It is a gift anyone can access with the quietness and patience, even if your mind runs 24/7, you can still gain the benefits and practice is key! Practice wont feel so much like ‘practice’, trust me!
When meditating, thoughts will come and go as they please; but always get back to your breath. Your breath is is your anchor to get back into you.